Lung function tests before SCT

Thank you. Will have to take the help … I just try remind myself when my dad was ill how much everyone wanted to help him but he was so stubborn and proud he refused until he couldn’t anymore . I’ve been a little like him …

3 Likes

Thanks Alfie , great way to describe the recovery process. It definitely seems as though no two people respond the same to any treatment…that’s been the scary part…the unknown. Will keep everyone posted

2 Likes

Alfie, what a brilliant way of describing, we all have our mountains and that summit. I am also very visual. My base camp and camps up, and down sometimes, are going to be ‘glamping’.

2 Likes

We are all guilty of not taking help when it is offered, and trying to pretend we are coping. Keep reminding yourself that if you accept help now this will aid your recovery (physical and mental). It will also help those around you to feel that they are doing their bit to get you well again, and keep them occupied so that they are not dwelling on what you are going through.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’m going to try my hardest to take the help. Thanks everyone for replying !

3 Likes

Thinking of you @Goody , from your messages earlier in the thread you went in earlier this week. I hope everything goes well, and that you’re being well taken care of. We’re here if you or your family need to talk. All the best, Dawn

3 Likes

Hey! So today is day Zero :blush: my ‘re birthday’…stem cells are in and like everyone says a bit of an anti climax but on the days leading up to this I haven’t been able to stop thinking about my donor. Who are they? Why did they do it? Do they realise how much this means to me? I can’t wait to tell her that I have 3 kids and she didn’t only save me she’s saving my family. Giving me a chance I otherwise wouldn’t have had.

Such an amazing person :blush: her family must be so proud xx

4 Likes

Dear goody, it’s great to hear you have successfully had your new stem cells implanted and that your mindset is one of gratitude to your donor. The road to recovery now begins, I am watching this journey in real time at my clinic to a lovely lady, it’s like she’s been in hibernation and is now slowly coming into the light again, infact she was well enough to take a uk based holiday this week and everytime I see her you can see improvements. So good luck with your recovery, best wishes alfie

3 Likes

Thank you Alfie! I’m expecting a tough time ahead now but so far so good. Great to hear your friend is getting better by the day… fingers crossed this will be me!

2 Likes

Hi Goody, yes, good news that the stem cells are in. It must be a weird feeling and I think it must be natural for you to continually thinking of your wonderful donor and I wonder if they realise the priceless gift they have given you. I realise it is the start of a process for you and we are all here to support you with it, please do keep posting how you are thinking and feeling.

2 Likes

Morning! I hope your journey over the coming weeks is free of infections. I felt it was the toughest time of all the treatment I had (including major surgery). Be kind to yourself, and don’t expect too much too soon…walk before you try to run. I will be thinking of you and look forward to hearing about your road to recovery. Best wishes, Louise

3 Likes

Thank you ! I will keep posting updates. Can not predict what will happen now but a great feeling to know atleast it’s all about recovery now …

3 Likes

Wonderful news to hear, I hope your recovery goes smoothly! We have everything crossed for you!

3 Likes