Always a battle

I like this one “ it’s really amazing the number of hard hits from which the mind can recover”
Best wishes
Anthony

3 Likes

Good, I was searching my past posts to you and didn’t come across anything that could have caused offence
Anthony :rose::rose:

3 Likes

I like that one too :blush::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I’ve often come across quotes I wish I had said.
Oscar Wilde was the greatest.
The one I just sent was by Stephen King the author
Anthony

3 Likes

It’s funny how just one comment can start off a chain of events isn’t it :heart::blush:

2 Likes

I read and think a lot, if I come across anymore uplifting ones I’ll send them to all of you.
Anthony⭐️

3 Likes

I’ve read a few of his books but not the scary ones lol :joy:

2 Likes

I also read a lot . Nothing to demanding I like a good thriller and I’m always looking for something “different” but not horror or chick lit I hate those kind of books.

2 Likes

If you are looking for something different to read, try looking at this book, for the love of Ann by James Copeland, it is available second hand on amazon as its quite an old book. It has great reviews and is a book which left an everlasting impression on me.:+1:

3 Likes

“I’ve never known of any distress that an hours reading doesn’t relieve”
I can’t remember who wrote that but it works for me, especially last thing at night when dark thoughts invade the mind.
J K Rowling has written three detective novels under the name of Robert Galbraith, I’m sure you’ll like those.
Michael Connelly and John Sanford are good authors too, again crime/detective novels.

“ when you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on”
Franklin D Roosevelt
Anthony​:star2::star2:

3 Likes

Thank you Alfie Ile have a look and give it a try. I’ve just read Jeffrey Arthur’s new book which was ok :+1:t2: I don’t really have a favourite author I’ve read a few Martina Cole and Lynda le plante also Jodie picoult and Ken follic, I love reading all the books about the Tudor ere especially king Henry the V111 ere it totally fancinates me and horrifies me in equal measures, apart from that I just usually pick a book at random I like going into charity shops for a good rummage of their books :books: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I agree with that quote
I always find reading a book calms me when I’m feeling stressed. I read a book every night when I go to bed I can’t sleep if I don’t it’s a good way to wind down at the end of a day. I’ve heard about the j.k Rowling detective books but I haven’t read them yet Ile keep an eye out for them . Thank you :blush:

2 Likes

Oh, I like a good rummage too and I have also chosen a book at random and it has really been a good choice. I am Jodie Picoult fan too, I think she really does her research. It was My sister’s keeper that really got me for obvious reasons and I did not think the film was nearly as good. I am ‘book monitor’ at my local U3A group, the books are donated, borrowed etc. and I want to read most of them myself. I use my kindle when I am travelling. Keep rummaging.

2 Likes

Just as I was about to type a response to your post an automated message came up saying I was posting too much on the forum
and I should consider whether I should stop posting. i am not sure what I have done wrong but I just thought I should let you know why I can’t post anymore. Best wishes to everyone and goodbye.

1 Like

Dear Alfie,
I’ve just seen your last post regarding “ posting to much”
That’s just not on, I’ve emailed support at Bloodwise to complain on your behalf about their message to you, and asked them to investigate with urgency why this has occurred.
The forum is supposed to be available to all blood cancer patients for support.
How can any Forum users be penalised for posting too much, that’s what’s encouraged according to their manifesto.
Please don’t quit just yet, if I don’t get an immediate response from my email, I telephone them to complain more forcefully.
Anthony

1 Like

Dear @Alfie,

I am really sorry that over the weekend an error within the forum settings meant you were temporarily unable to post. This was a system error on our part, whereby users were limited to the number of consecutive posts (ie posts by you in a row on a thread) but this was incorrect and you did nothing wrong, and we have now adjusted the necessary settings to prevent this happening again. We are so pleased that you have found the forum supportive and a place to connect with others, and we have changed our settings to make using the forum as smooth and safe as possible. We value you being a part of our community, and hope that you will continue to post and share your experiences.

Many thanks,

Josh

2 Likes

Dear Anthony, as you can see your complaint has paid dividends, thank you for caring enough to do this for me. I was very upset and disappointed as I thought I had been making a contribution and supporting fellow blood cancer patients, and ended up feeling like a nuisance. So thank you for what you have done for me and all the other forum posters. I am happy to hang around as long as I am needed. :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

Hi Alfie, @blackhat and @nicberry1, you are all very valued contributors, so informative and very supportive and your reading and writing ideas and quotes so useful.

2 Likes

It has indeed, Ive had an email from Joshua in reply to mine sent yesterday evening.
He advised me that it was a system error as I suspected.
I found it hard to believe that a support site could behave in such a callous way.
Your post really worried me as I know you’re going through a really difficult time with only the support of your partner.
All blood cancer patients need all the support that’s available to them and the forum is just the place to express your fears and anxieties.
It’s often easier to converse with others who are travelling the same journey and have the same fear as you and I.
However sympathetic our loved ones may be it’s impossible for them to understand what we are feeling.
This quote says it all.
“Never judge a man until you’ve walked a mile in his moccasins”
This is from American Indian folklore I believe.
Keep on posting Alfie, together we are strong!!

2 Likes

A friend is like a star that twinkles and glows
Or maybe like the ocean that gently flows.
A friend is like gold that you should treasure
And take care of forever and ever.
A friend is like an angel that is there to guide you.
A friend is someone you can trust out of a few.
A friend is more than one in a million.
They are one in a ca-zillion
And you, my friend, are very special
and so it is official.

3 Likes