Nurses Week - tell us about yours!

This week is Nurses Week! A week to share stories of a nurse, or nurses, who made a difference to you and your family and your experiences of blood cancer.

If you have a story of a nurse who was kind, reassuring or made you laugh when you needed it most then please do share below.

2 Likes

When I was having my first treatment for my ppcl myeloma I can honestly say the two nurses who gave me the majority of my treatment were lifesavers. I really struggled towards the end of my 6 months of chemotherapy and they provided laughs, love and hugs for which I will be ever grateful.
During my recent 2 week stay as an inpatient I can honestly say I would have worried for my mental health if it hadn’t been for the love and care I received from the ward nurses and Macmillan Palliative care nurses and the hospital chaplain.
Alfie

2 Likes

Hi Dawn, I am unable to single out any one of the nurses in my Haematology Department, it would be unfair, as they are all so professional, informative, friendly, re-assuring and caring. I am so, so lucky. They make my visits feel like visiting friends. I think celebrating nurses week is so, so important. They are the hands on eyes and ears of the health service and often so over worked, underpaid and undervalued.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your stories @Alfie & @Erica - it’s lovely to hear.

Yesterday was International Nurses Day, and we shared a lovely post on our Facebook page, with a CNS and patient meeting and discussing their relationship - https://bloodwise.org.uk/blog/i-was-pain-be-around-you-looked-after-me

1 Like