Living with the Fear of Relapse

Sorry called you Mike instead of Mark. Oops!

3 Likes

Hi Mark, thank you for sharing your recent experience. I am sorry to hear you’ve been told your blood cancer has relapsed. How are you feeling today? Have you talked it through with friends or family? As others have said above, the community is here if you need to talk (and so are our support services if you need them) - take care, Dawn

3 Likes

Hi Dawn
I am feeling quite good the last few days. My counts actually showed signs of movement yesterday even though i am still neutropenic. Its a lovely day down here in Wales and I have just managed to walk a gentle mile so that has helped mentally.I am having blood tests again on Monday and then if my neutsrophils have risen I will be off soon to UHW Cardiff for another biopsy to see if I am still in remission and then hopefully a time table to my transplant .
Interestingly whilst having a transfusion on Tuesday I met a young chap who had a transplant last month and is doing quite well so it was reasuring to have a nice chat with him.
Mark

3 Likes

Mark, I am so pleased you are feeling a bit better recently and your gentle mile sounds the best ‘medicine’ emotionally and physically. Please let us know how your tests go and take lots of care.

2 Likes

Sounds brilliant Mark, I am so pleased to hear you were able to go for a gentle walk. How has the last week been, do you have the results from your recent bloods? We’re thinking of you here and hope you’re okay.

Hi Dawn
I have had blood tests this morning and my counts are rising nicely, neutrophils up to 0.7 which is reassuring. I also had news I have to go to UHW Cardiff for a bone marrow aspiration next Tuesday and hopefully more news of a timeline for my transplant. I have been feeling much better this week, walked 2 miles yesterday and no longer need to sleep in the day.
Mark

2 Likes

Mark, I am so glad your test results are rising nicely and you walked 2 miles yesterday. I think you enjoy your fresh air and exercise and I know it makes me feel better. However I occasionally find a nap in the afternoon beneficial. Please let us know how you get on Tuesday and take care.

2 Likes

@parkrunmark Mark, I am pleased your bloods are going in the right direction and hope the bone marrow aspiration goes well. Lovely blue skies here so I hope you can get a few more runs in. Take care x

2 Likes

Sounds fantastic Mark, I hope your bone marrow aspiration goes well today, and you get a more definitive timeline for your transplant. Take it easy today!

1 Like

Hi Dawn
The aspiration went well,no results yet but on a positive note my neutrophils are 1.3 now so I live a little normally for a while. I have a date to meet the transplant doctors which is on 26 th April. I am assuming it could happen a few weeks after that. Will keep you updated.

3 Likes

I am glad the aspiration went well and your neutrophils are now 1.3. Yes, please let us know how your meeting with the transplant doctors goes on the 26 April.

Hello Mark

Just been catching up on this thread your situation, AML is such a nasty beast and I’m so sorry you’ve needed more treatment. How are you doing physically and emotionally… thinking of you

1 Like

Hi Anna
I have recovered well from my chemo in Feb which has kept me in remission, and next Wednesday I am going in for my stem cell transplant. They have found me a 12/12 match donor from America , because of my age ,62 next week I am on a reduced intensity pre transplant chemo. I am feeling quite well, even running slowly again but will be glad to get the process over and hopefully start a new life again.
Mark

2 Likes

Mark, wishing you so much luck with your stem cell transplant! Good to hear that you’re feeling quite well. I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible for you.

2 Likes

Mark, we will all be thinking of you having your stem cell transplant and don’t forget we are all here to support you not matter how you are feeling or thinking. Please keep posting when you can.

Thinking of you Mark and hope all goes well this week. We’re here if you need anything.

1 Like

Good to hear from you Mark, and great to hear you have a bone marrow match, do you know when you will start the transplant procedure?

Sending you my best, Anna

1 Like

Hi Anna
I am going into Cardiff this afternoon,chemo starting tomorrow. All packed and ready to go xx

2 Likes

Hi, I will be thinking about you tomorrow and please let us know how you are and how things are going when you can.

Wishing you lots of luck I hope it all goes smoothly. Thinking of you, Dawn

1 Like