A safe space to have a time out and be able to share or moan

I felt the need to have a safe space to be able to come and have time out to share what is really going on for me at the moment or just moan. I find this time of year is hectic and I had today all planned out and then other people seem to be wanting my time. Why can’t my husband choose and write a Christmas card without wanting to check it out with me? Why can’t he choose a top to wear as he is going out? I have told my sister in law what I want from the Argos catalogue for my upcoming birthday and she keeps coming back with other choices? Why can’t my other sister in law decide whether she wants to give our Christmas hosts choccies or biccies, as I want to get the other one? Why won’t my son get back to me? Am I becoming a Grumpy Old Woman?

2 Likes

@Erica Go and have a relaxing bath accompanied by very loud music. G went out to buy more cards as the ones I had bought weren’t big enough :roll_eyes: Yesterday he took us to vote and went to the wrong car park, as he insisted the polling station was not at the leisure centre, so we got soaked, and there was no apology. Thankfully my youngest has been in touch with several bits of good news today, and he will keep me amused when he is home over Christmas. Just need to get through Sun and Mon with my parents :smirk: Take care my buddy xx

1 Like

@Pisces56, thanks for the good advice and we love them and their funny little ways really. I await hearing how your Sun and Mon goes. Yes, take care Buddy. I send you some hugs to keep in your pocket for when needed over the festive period.

1 Like

Ha, I think Christmas can bring out the ‘best’ in people! I have the opposite problem, I feel like I’m the one doing everything! My husband just gets on with his own thing and I’m present buying for the world! Although, I’m a bit of a control freak so if he offered to help I’d probably say no. Never happy! I hope you both get a chance to sit back and relax a little over the festive period xx

2 Likes

I had to laugh about feeling the one to do everything, yes, Christmas (and actually most events) seem to just happen for my husband and then he asks me what he should wear. Although as you say, I am also a bit of a control freak so if he offered to help I would probably say no or look over his shoulder giving him handy hints, perhaps I secretly like being a martyr!! Happy Days.

@Erica @MrsGriff I am so laid back I think I must be lying down. There are signs that it is coming up to Christmas but I was even thinking whether I could get away without a tree, but when my 2 older grandchildren come on the 30th I don’t think I could take the accusatory stare (VERY scary) and interrogation from my 5 year old granddaughter. My older son put his up on Sunday as they now have a 2 year old, as well as a 9month old and 2 cats. He sent me a photo of a beautiful tree, but on closer inspection there was one of the cats peering through near the top!!!
The party was entertaining. My mum’s family (Anglo-Indian) are a bit off the wall, and there was one of Mum’s cousins who I had not seen since we were in our teens, who had updated me on all her siblings and the scandals in the family in five minutes. We went back to my aunt’s for the evening.We managed to get my parents and all their belongings back home in one piece, although my sister said when she collected them they only got down the road and Mum thought she had left her medication at home. They went home, emptied the case and it was there all the time!
I am sure men think there is a Christmas Fairy who buys presents and wraps them, and puts up decorations. I write cards for my family, friends and neighbours and leave himself to deal with the few family, friends and former colleagues that he keeps in touch with. He has been sorting out the beers for next week today, which took him a while… Got to laugh

1 Like

Haha … just catching up on this thread… @Erica I know just how you were feeling, same here at that time of year, I guess some people have the luxury of lots of spare time and no fatigue to deal with… I also have the added thing that every now and then my husband tells me I’m bossing him around and he knows what he’s doing so I leave him to get on with it only to have it all go wrong at the last minute with me having to pick up the pieces and have a melt down!! He gets the decorations out of the loft, but only a few of them and we have the annual argument that there are more so he has to go back up again to get the rest (another 6 boxes)… no apology!
This has made me feel better!

2 Likes